Friday, May 8, 2009

BLAH!

So, turns out when you go in for the 3 hour glucose test they don't give you the same orange drink. They give you a different one. This one is really, really nasty. It is really thick like syrup. The gal told me it has 2x the amount of sugar. The only thing it had going for it was it sorta tasted like Sprite...but, 1000 times sweeter. Talk about sugar overload. Not to mention they had me fast before I went in there so I drank the whole thing (I think about 12oz) as fast as I could on an empty stomach. That first hour was torture...I felt so sick to my stomach from all the sugar trying to settle. Hopefully I will never ever have to do that again!!

They said they will call me if my test comes back positive that I have gestational diabetes. I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment