Saturday, July 25, 2009

365 days of Ellee - Week 1

Wow! I can't believe a week has already gone by...well Tue. it was a week. We are adjusting very well and I think we have somewhat of a routine down...as much as of a routine that you can have with a newborn....

The first night home was not so fun....Ellee decided that she didn't want us to put her down. I was exhausted because I had been up for over 24 hours and Shayne was exhausted because he had been working on the house non-stop since it had closed trying to get it ready for us to move in. I think that we were all just so tired including Ellee. The next night was much better....I knew we had to do something different so before we went to bed I swaddled her and that helped a lot!! She let us put her down to sleep so we were able to get some much needed rest!

We were also having some feeding issues. Ellee just didn't seem interested in eating during the day. At her first wellness exam she had dropped her weight to 6lbs 10 oz..a little more than what they like to see. She would eat during the night regularly but, I was having to wake her up during the day because she sleeps so much and pretty much make her eat. She is doing much better now and by her 2nd wellness exam she was back up to 7lbs 5oz. I still have to wake her up most of the time during the day to eat but, she will want to eat on her own with out any coaxing. All in all it was a great week!

I decide I am going to do 365 days of Ellee...so everyday I will take a new photo of her and at the end of the week I will post the weeks photos. Here are her first weeks photos. :)

Happy Birthday Ellee!!
July 14, 2009

1 day old.

2 days old.

3 days old.

4 days old.

5 days old.

6 days old.

7 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment