Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas traditions.

Sunday, Miss Ellee and I went to Java Clay Cafe' in down town Gig Harbor.  We went with the Scott family. They used to live in Gig Harbor but, are now living in Vancouver.  We don't get to see them very often so it was a treat to see and catch up with them!

I decided to paint an ornament for Ellee and it turned out to be pretty darn cute.  How it works: Java Clay has a wide variety of clay pieces to choose from.  After choosing the piece you want you start painting.  When you're done painting you leave your piece there for them to fire and you pick it up at a later date.  We had so much fun!  We get to pick up Ellee's ornament on Friday.  I will be sure to post a pic of the finished product!
 
I decided I wanted to make this a tradition.  So, every year I will take Ellee to the Clay Cafe' to paint an ornament.  In a couple years she will be able to paint her own!  For now I will paint it for her. :)

***If you click on the image it will make it bigger so you can see the photos better.***

I tried to post this Sunday night but, our power decided to go out! It eventually came back on but in the meantime our woodstove kept us nice and toasty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment