Sunday, January 24, 2010

6 month well exam.

Friday was Ellee's 6 month well exam.  She did very well during the appointment.  The Dr. was very amazed at how well behaved she was!  Here are her latest stats:

Weight: 15lbs even. - (25th percentile for her age)
Height: 25.5 inches - (35th percentile for her age)
Head Circumference: 43cm (16.93inches) - (63rd percentile for her age)

So apparently Ellee will be getting shots every visit now. :(  This time was hard!  She got one oral vaccine and 3 that were giving in her legs.  Poor girl, cried so hard!  I almost started crying.  She is a trooper!  Thank goodness we have to wait 3 months for her next round.

We are noticing a lot more changes in her lately.  She is sitting up for longer periods of time.  She will also entertain herself with her toys.  Her favorites are the singing giraffe and the baby einstein bird that makes different instrument sounds.  She gives hugs and loves on us!  That is probably my favorite thing!
She has also become more aware of her parents.  I have noticed that she misses us more when we leave her. Friday at work I had one of my co-workers hold her while I took care of one of the residents.  Everytime I would walk past her she would start to fuss.  At one point my co-worker brought her in the same room as me and Ellee started crying because she saw me.  Makes me feel good that she knows who I am. :)

One of my other favorite things she does is she sucks on her top lip.  It is so cute...just the right side of her top lip...almost like she is concentrating on something.
We are so excited to see what more is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment