Friday, May 20, 2011

saving gas $

Part of my job is shuttling 2 of our residents to work Tuesday through Friday. It works out great because after I drop them off I drop Ellee off at my Mom's. I had been driving my own car because we didn't have an extra car seat and I didn't want to transfer the one from my car to the house van everyday. This doubled my gas usage each week and with gas prices being so high it was getting a little spendy!

We didn't have the extra money to go and buy another of the same car seat, so I decided to do some research on "cheaper" car seats. I didn't want trade cheap for safety! I ended up finding a car seat on Amazon with great safety reviews and it was only $39! Probably what I spend in a week driving my own vehicle to take the residents to work. I procrastinated in buying it and then ended up finding it at Target for $35 on sale!! I snagged it! I was excited to find it a few dollars cheaper and I didn't have to wait for it to be shipped! :)


Let me tell you, I have already saved money from that purchase! :)
And Ellee LOVES riding on the "Ban"! A couple times this week as we were getting ready to leave she got upset as we were walking out the door because she saw me walk to my car so I could get my purse...She kept fussing and pointing to the house van saying "Ban, Ban!!"
I'm not sure if it's her new car seat or the van she likes so much. :) It was pretty funny though! Oh and her cup HAS to be in the cup holder... not sure why because half the time when I put her cup in the holder in my car her cup ends up on the floor! She's to funny! :)


YAY for saving money!! :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment