Thursday, February 2, 2012

Remembering my Dad, Day 2


I remember his love of sports, especially baseball.
He spent endless hours down at the Key Peninsula Little League field, coaching, umping and volunteering.
He spent hours coaching my brother and never missed one of his games.  He was so proud of him!

I can't remember exactly why my brother's high school team got to shave his head, but I think it's because they won a big game. :)
Sporting his famous "Rally Cap" at one of my brother's games


He kept a very detailed log on my brother in-laws stats. {I'm sure he is still keeping his log up there in heaven!}
This is after one of Jason's games, he had a ball watching him play!

He never missed a Mariner's game.  He loved to watch the game on mute and blast the radio because he preferred listening to Dave Niehaus instead of the TV anouncers.  I can still hear him yelling, "My, oh my!", "Swung on and belted!" and his favorite, "Get out the rye bread and mustard, Grandma, it is grand salami time!"


No comments:

Post a Comment